Mike and Steve continue to discuss teaching kids to code, Steve Wozniak’s warning of an Internet of Things bubble, automated stock trading algorithms, the RACGP recommending doctors stop prescribing and pharmacists stop carrying homeopathic remedies, the upcoming Windows 10 release and Steam now offering no questions asked refunds.
Recorded: Thursday June 4th, 2015 Hosts: Mike Wise & Steve Rogers Running Time: 0:58:33
What is a data scientist? Well according to IBM click here.
- Age of Self-programming.
- Pace at which human beings can change the way they do things.
- There are tonnes of companies starting up around this topic …
- Department of Financial Services (“DFS”)
- Banks systematically rigged FX market by using automated trades driven by computer algorithms. The trading platforms at Barclays PLC BCS and Deutsche Bank AG DB are currently under probe by the DFS. Further, the regulator has subpoenaed The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. GS , Credit Suisse Group AG CS , BNP Paribas SA BNPQY and Société Générale
- Data visualization and analytics capabilities.
- Surveillance data detailing the planned movements of a suspected insurgent.
- BUT – data used was inputted and tagged by humans, meaning that it was chock full of human bias and errors … per WoZ as above and Minority Report themes.
Eddie Izzard on Computers.
- Great article here from The Economist:
- Scott Hanselman’s Windows 10 Playlist – https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0M0zPgJ3HSdI26ZdgX-F8aAKnh9sq6on
- Scott’s YouTube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/user/shanselman
- CGP GREY – https://www.youtube.com/user/CGPGrey
- Mr Robot TV Series
- Art of Electronics
- Superintelligence Audio Book
- Ex Machina Movie
- Fallout 4
- http://myechoapp.com/download – great example of Signalr !