Recorded: Friday June 12th, 2015 Hosts: Mike Wise & Steve Rogers Running Time: 0:58:33
About the Title
- “a madness shared by two”
- “This syndrome is most commonly diagnosed when the two or more individuals concerned live in proximity and may be socially or physically isolated and have little interaction with other people.”
- If you thing your family is dysfunctional then consider in French there’s a phrase for it … “Oh to be normal eh?”.
Speaking of French? Tom Scott on Adults learning Languages ?
- Apple WWDC 2015 – http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/wwdc/ … below is their amazing “Back Stage” video if you missed it?
- Apple car
- Nick Bostom & AI
- Tinfoil Hat (IoT)
- Wearables at work: the new frontier of employee surveillance http://t.co/2NhjAwFU9Y
- “Mike on Business”
- NetFlix: http://www.netflix.com/browse?jbv=70299287&jbp=3&jbr=1 – “Fed UP”
- Feel free to put your comments in the blog!
Defence Export Control Office (DECO) enforces the Defence Trade Control Act 2012.
Only handles physically exported weapons and “dual use” items like encryption, hardware and biological matter.
March – act updated to include “intangible supply” intended to prohibit transfer of knowledge used to product weapons.
From November 2016, Australia academics face a potential 10 year prison term if their ideas sent overseas fall within the Defence Strategic Goods List (DSGL)
Ie. Jailed for delivering online course material to foreign students or international peers for things like cryptography, high performance computing, image and signal processing and other fields
Kevin Korb, artificial intelligence researcher at Monash University IT faculty.
Restrictions will suffocate research
“Researchers and students are already leaving or avoiding Australia”
UK Export Control Laws specifically exempt ordinary academic activity
Purchased by Dice Holdings in 2012.
2013 enabled a featured called DevShare
Devshare is opt-in that, when enables, wraps software in a SourceForge installer which pushes junkware onto your system
FileZilla was an early participant
“The installer does not install spyware and offers you a choice whether to install the offered software”
In 2013, GIMP pulled the Windows downloads from SourceForge.
In 2015, SourceForge took control of the GIMP account and put GIMP downloads back up using DevShare
Even if download doesn’t use SourceForge installer, website is still full of misleading ads and download buttons